- E-Mount Lens; APS-C Format
- 27-300mm Equivalent in 35mm Format
- Aperture Range: f/3.5-40
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- ED Glass and Aspherical Lens Elements
- Internal Stepping Motors
- Smooth & Quiet, Ideal for Video
- Three-step Adjustable Zoom Speed
- Direct Manual Focus and Power Zoom
- Metal Exterior
- 18-200mm, 11x Zoom Range
- With its 18-200mm zoom range that is equivalent to a 27-300mm zoom lens in the 35mm format, this lens is supremely versatile providing wide-angle to super telephoto capabilities. It is compatible with APS-C format E-mount cameras and will fit on full frame E-mount cameras but is only fully compatible if used in crop mode.
- Smooth and Quiet Autofocus and Zoom
- An internal stepping motor means that autofocus and zoom functions are completed smoothly and in virtual silence, which is ideal when shooting video so that camera noise does not interfere with recorded audio.
- Power Zoom with Variable and Constant Zoom Speeds
- In addition to three variable speed zoom speeds, this 18-200mm lens supports constant speed zooming for slow, smooth zoom effects that can enhance cinematographic expression but are difficult to achieve manually. Power Zoom can be controlled by the built-in levers on Sony NEX-camcorders or by the built-in zoom lever on the lens.
- Direct Manual Focus
- Direct Manual Focus allows you to utilize manual focus at anytime. Simply turn the focus ring on the lens barrel for precise focus control.
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Optical SteadyShot (OSS) allows for sharp images to be shot using shutter speeds as much as 4 stops slower than would normally be possible when shooting handheld. This allows for sharper images in low light or when shooting at telephoto lengths. OSS, when combined with Anti Motion Blur and Hand-held Twilight mode, will provide clear, detailed video images even when using ambient interior lighting.
- Optical Design
- Five aspherical lens elements and Extra-low dispersion glass deliver sharp images with little aberration or distortion.
- Circular Aperture
- A 7-blade circular aperture offers naturally smooth and attractive out-of-focus areas (bokeh).
- Durable Metal Exterior
- The exterior of the lens barrel is made of aluminum alloy for a high-quality appearance and feel that ideally balances the lens' compact dimensions and provides the durability needed for long-term usage.