- HD, NTSC, PAL
- 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 Color Sampling
- Compact Sturdy and Portable
- Front Panel Control Buttons
- Audio Level Indicators
- 2 x Balanced Audio Inputs and Outputs
- Caddy Supports HDD & SSD Drives
- Includes 1 x 320GB HDD & 2 x Caddies
- RS 422 and RS 232 Control
- Locking DC Power Connector
The DataVideo HDR-70 HDD Recorder for SD/HD-SDI with Removable Drive Bay is a rack mountable video recorder for studio control rooms or video production trucks. It records NTSC, PAL, and HD video signals and features an SD/HD-SDI input and two mini-XLR recording to 2.5" form factor HDD or SSDs in a removable drive caddy. The HDR-70 features selectable color sampling ratio and data rate settings. This compact unit features a small footprint and is made from painted aluminum for strength. The front panel buttons provide you local tape deck like control of the unit, with built-in led audio level meters. The HDR-70 features two XLR inputs and outputs for balanced audio.
The included drive caddy supports available drives (both HDD and SSD) up to 500GB, and once removed from the HDR-70 the enclosures can be connected directly to a computer via the built-in USB 2.0 or eSata interface for off loading or editing directly from the drive. The unit writes to the NTFS file format system, which makes the drive readable by both Mac and Windows systems and avoids the 4GB file size limitation of FAT32 systems. For remote control, the HDR-70 features a 9-pin connector that allows control by RS-232 or RS-422. The unit is powered by 12 volts DC, and the cable connector features a locking collar so the power cable can't be accidentally unplugged.
HDR-70 Video Support
- NTSC and PAL video and HD video including 1080p, 1080i and 720p
- Reference In/Out Black Burst and Tri-level sync
- Timecode input/outputs, and gen-lock input and pass-through
- SD/HD-SDI input, with SD/HD-SDI outputs with 8-channels of embedded audio
- The HDMI output uses a full sized connector and features 4 channels of embedded audio. There is also a nifty cable tie platform under the HDMI connector that you can use to secure the HDMI connector to the unit with available cable ties.
- The front panel features local control buttons and a built-in headphone jack with volume knob
- LCD menu screen
- Lockable drive bay.
- Timelapse recording feature
- Power on record/play
- Media files are made on the fly with no rendering required.
- In the event of power loss during recording, only the last two seconds of your recording are lost
- Removable rack mount ears (ships unattached)
- Removable rubber feet (ships attached)