- Mid Side Stereo Recording
- Set Stereo Width to 90° or 120°
- Adjust Raw M-S Data with Zoom iOS App
- Fully Mono-Compatible
- Set Gain Manually or Use Auto-Gain
- Built-In Limiter to Avoid Input Overload
- Rotates for Horizontal or Vertical Use
- Headphone Jack Enables Direct Monitoring
- Use Zoom App or Other Compatible App
- For iOS Devices with Lightning Port
The white iQ5 from Zoom is a compact mid-side stereo condenser microphone for lightning equipped iOS devices. It allows for high-quality 44.1kHz/16-bit, mono-compatible audio tracking and is ideal for recording live concerts, ENG, videos and more.
The iQ5 features a rotating capsule that enables it to be used vertically or horizontally with your iOS device. This allows you to record video with your device situated in either standard or landscape positions while ensuring that the audio is recorded with the correct left-right stereo orientation.
The capsule contains two elements including a directional "mid" mic that captures audio coming from the front and a bidirectional "side" mic that picks up ambient sounds from the sides. The stereo width can be set to either 90° or 120°, or you can record the mid and side mic signals as raw data and use Zoom's Handy Recorder iOS app to adjust the stereo width after the fact. The app also allows you to collapse the signal into phase-coherent mono, ideal for voice recordings such as interviews.
The iQ5 allows you to set the recording level of the microphone manually by using the MIC GAIN wheel, or automatically by choosing from three Auto Gain presets: Concert, Solo or Meeting. The unit also features a built-in limiter for protection against input overloads.
- Works with iPhone 5, iPod touch (5th generation), iPad (4th generation) and iPad mini running iOS 6.0 or newer
- In addition to Zoom's Handy Recorder iOS app, iQ5 can be used with most iOS apps that support audio input from an external microphone such as Apple's GarageBand
- Dedicated headphone jack that enables direct monitoring during recording and playback