- Manual Zoom Controller
- Mounts to a Single 15mm Rod
- Adjustable Zoom Drag
- 3 x Positions for the Zoom Lever
- For Lenses with 0.8 Mod Gears
Providing you with the ability to adjust the friction drag of zoom lenses, the Manual Friction Adjustable Zoom Controller 0.8 Mod from LanParte mounts to your 15mm support rod and engages with your lenses compatible zoom gear. The built in friction drag adjustment allows you to increase the drag on a zoom lens, which can be helpful when making long, slow, smooth zooms. You can also dial the friction to off, freeing the lens from any additional drag from the unit. This controller is completely manual and features a zoom lever that you can attach to the controller at three different positions.
This unit is designed for lenses that feature a zoom gear with a 0.8, which matches standard cine gears. You may also use this unit to provide friction to a cine style geared focus ring instead of using it on the zoom ring.
- This is a zoom controller that allows you to add variable drag to your compatible zoom lens.
- You can position the controller to interface with compatible geared zoom or focus rings. This is useful when working with lenses that have extremely free rotation, such as lenses designed for DSLRs that rotate endlessly. The controller allows you to adjust the amount of drag applied, and the included "zoom stick" provides you with a lever you can use for smooth focus pulls. You can use the device to add the friction drag to your lens, not use the zoom lever, and use an optional follow focus unit with your lens.
- The zoom lever can be mounted in three positions along the width of the unit, providing you more options in mounting for comfort or clearance.