Don’t let the lower-case “i” in the name fool you: the adjustable vice grip is compatible with android devices, iOS devices, or any smartphone with a screen size between 3.5″ and 6″. Its preamp supports 48V phantom power and sports controls to change the gain, thus allowing the smartphone holder to control the volume of the microphone in use. Such a feature renders this unit suitable for on-the-go reporting, improved home videography, and the burgeoning business of the iPhone motion picture. With two AA batteries, it can last between 20 to 60 hours at a clip, depending on whether or not you’re using phantom power.
- XLR mic preamp with 48V phantom power and gain control
- Integrated wireless-receiver support
- Headphone output to monitor sound in real-time
- Features tripod- and camera-mount threads
- Includes 3.5mm TRRS to TRRS cable