Zhiyun-Tech SMOOTH-3 Overview
The Zhiyun-Tech Smooth-3 is a handheld, 3-axis gimbal stabilizer for smartphones offering pro-style capture functions. With motor torque and response speed increased from earlier models, the Smooth-3 can accommodate phones weighing nine-plus ounces as well as add-ons like an external lens, on-board light, or microphone. Its handgrip’s thumbwheel and joystick combine to put image control at your fingertips with real-time focus, exposure, ISO, white balance, and shutter speed adjustments. To capture more of your adventures, the Smooth-3 features a single, rechargeable battery that produces an extended run-time of up to 14 hours. A 5V/1000mAh-output port on the gimbal provides charging for your phone while shooting (micro-USB cable included).
The Smooth-3’s two-way aluminum grip securely holds up to a 6″ smartphone or a GoPro HERO 3/4/5 in either horizontal or – depending on your blogging preference – vertical mode. For quick setup, the phone mounting arm features a detailed alignment scale, and one-step balancing. The Zhiyun-Tech Smooth-3 stabilizer offers 360° of pan, and 320° rotation along the tilt and roll axes. Download the free ZY Play app to add advanced functions, such as time-lapse, panoramic formatting, and effects filters, to your smartphone footage.
A 1/4″-20 mounting thread on the bottom of the handgrip enables you to use the Smooth-3 it with a monopod or other support. A storage pouch is also included with this stabilizer.
- 3-axis handheld gimbal stabilizer for smartphones up to 6″/9.2 ounces, and for GoPro HERO 3/4/5 action cameras
- Real-time phone charging via 5V/1000mAh-output port (cable not included)
- Up to 14-hour run-time with the rechargeable, internal battery
- Thumb-wheel/joystick control of focus, exposure, ISO, white balance, and shutter speed
- Secure, 2-way aluminum phone clamp with a detailed scale for quick alignment; one-step balancing
- 360° pan and 320° tilt and roll axis rotation
- Stabilizer charges in approximately 2.5 hours using the included micro-USB cable
- 1/4″-20 mounting thread for use with monopods and other support gear